Hims is a rapidly growing men’s wellness startup focused on helping guys be the very best version of themselves. Our platform offers an affordable, one-stop shop for prescription and over-the-counter solutions for hair loss, ED, skin care, and other health issues that affect male self-confidence and self esteem, fusing telemedicine and subscription e-commerce. We were incubated at Atomic Labs and are backed by top tier venture capital firms including Forerunner Ventures, Founders Fund, IVP, Redpoint and Thrive Capital.
What you’ll do:
- Own month-end close calendar and procedures. Lead key close items and ensure the team meets the deadlines per the month-end close schedule. Lead numerous aspects of the close, including cash reconciliation, revenue recognition, inventory and cost accounting, accrued liabilities, prepaid expenses, and equity and stock-based compensation accounting.
- Develop processes and procedures in accordance with GAAP for inventory, cost of goods and supply chain accounting. Have in-depth knowledge of GAAP to accurately report costs for raw materials and finished goods inventory across different distribution channels, locations and systems.
- Own the general ledger. Responsible for the review and the accuracy of journal entries made in GL. Responsible for the accuracy and consistency of GL reporting at the department, account and vendor level.
- Prepare month end financial reports for management, including full three-statement financial statements. Produce monthly departmental financial reports, including budget comparison analysis at the account and vendor level.
- Proactively analyze variance and discrepancies vs sequential trends and vs budget. Develop root cause analysis and explanations to be presented to management.
- Manage data and financial reporting requirements for annual financial audit. Manage audit schedule and ensure all required deliverables are reviewed and delivered on time.
- Define and develop new accounting processes and procedures for new products, business initiatives and projects. Research accounting guidance and comparable company public reporting. Define and document accounting policies.
- Identify system needs, lead systems requirements documentation and partner in new financial systems implementations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- 2-4 years of public audit experience from EY, PWC, Deloitte or KPMG required.
- CPA required.
- Track record of high academic achievement.
- Advanced Excel skills required with ability to run pivot tables, write macros and manipulate large data sets.
What You’ll Get:
- Potentially a huge level up in your experience, we’ll make sure you see a lot of growth in your skill set
- Competitive Compensation, in benefits and salary
- 401k and commuter benefits
- Catered dinner Monday through Thursday
- Fully stocked kitchen
- A beautiful workspace in the Presidio
This is a full time position based in our San Francisco office.
To apply, please send your resume and a short blurb about your badass self to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance