It's a myth that wearing a cap or brushing causes strains on hair follicles, therefore causing hair to fall out. Hats do not cause harm, however, dirty hats have the ability to lead to scalp infection, which can accelerate hair loss. Regular, gentle brushing also does not contribute to hair loss.
Articles in this section
- what is alopecia?
- is hair loss genetic?
- what are the main causes of hair loss?
- when do most men start losing their hair?
- can hair loss occur anywhere on your body?
- do men lose more hair than women?
- does brushing or wearing hats lead to hair loss?
- are there proven natural remedies for hair loss?
- how does finasteride differ from propecia?