How can I transfer my prescription to a local pharmacy?
While we have chosen to work with specific pharmacies to offer our products at low prices and make the process convenient for our customers, we understand that you may want to receive your treatments elsewhere.
If you have an active subscription with us for a prescription treatment, we can help you transfer out your prescription to a local pharmacy.
- Prescriptions for compounded products such as the Hims Topical Finasteride & Minoxidil Spray or our prescription Hims & Hers skincare products cannot be transferred out.
- The transfer process may look different if you want to transfer out to an online digital pharmacy.
- Due to regulations specific to the state, any partially-used prescription transferred to a local pharmacy in New York can receive only 1 fill total. The remaining refills will be void.
Please be aware that if you would like to transfer out your psychiatry prescription, the prescription may be written for only a 30-day supply, without any refills.
- This is at the discretion of our medical team since they would not be able to monitor your treatment if you have transferred out of the Hims & Hers platform.
- For certain treatments, we may be able to send a prescription for a small supply of your medication to a local pharmacy if you are running out of medication and your next refill will not arrive on time. Bridge prescriptions are not available for every treatment.
- To start the process, please let us know that you would like to transfer. We will provide you with the contact information of our partner pharmacy.
- Let your preferred pharmacy know so that they can get in touch with our partner pharmacy. Please note that barring any delays, pharmacies can take anywhere from 1-3 days to process a transfer out request.
- Once the transfer is complete, please let us know so that we can cancel your subscription for the prescription that you've transferred out. Note that your local pharmacy prices may differ from ours.
How can I transfer back to the Hims & Hers platform?
If your prescription has refills remaining and you would like to transfer your prescription back to our pharmacy network (receive shipments from us), please let us know! We can help you complete a new follow-up visit to receive a new prescription and return to our platform.
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know! We're here for you.
Live Chat: Click the "Help" bubble at the bottom left.
Hours: 7 days a week, 5AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Article is closed for comments.