Alopecia is the medical term for hair loss, there are different types of alopecia. Alopecia totalis is loss of all scalp hair, while alopecia universalis refers to loss of all scalp and body hair. Alopecia is most commonly associated with autoimmune conditions.
Articles in this section
- what is alopecia?
- is hair loss genetic?
- what are the main causes of hair loss?
- when do most men start losing their hair?
- can hair loss occur anywhere on your body?
- do men lose more hair than women?
- does brushing or wearing hats lead to hair loss?
- are there proven natural remedies for hair loss?
- how does finasteride differ from propecia?