The genetic correlation of baldness remains inconclusive, though past studies show that DHT levels in scalp tissue and hair follicle sensitivity to DHT can be passed down through the mother’s side. With that said, the most common form of hair loss, referred to as androgenetic alopecia, is the result of hair follicle sensitivity to certain androgens, a type of male sex hormone.
Articles in this section
- a.m. acne treatment
- are the hair products just for your head?
- are there proven natural remedies for hair loss?
- are your products for all hair types?
- can hair loss occur anywhere on your body?
- can i mix medications?
- do men lose more hair than women?
- do you test on animals?
- does brushing or wearing hats lead to hair loss?
- everyday moisturizer