The genetic correlation of baldness remains inconclusive, though past studies show that DHT levels in scalp tissue and hair follicle sensitivity to DHT can be passed down through the mother’s side. With that said, the most common form of hair loss, referred to as androgenetic alopecia, is the result of hair follicle sensitivity to certain androgens, a type of male sex hormone.
Articles in this section
- what is the difference between Propecia and Finasteride?
- Finasteride for Hair Loss - Deep Dive
- are your products for all hair types?
- hims conditioner
- why do my finasteride pills look different?
- important safety information (finasteride)
- Finasteride 1 mg - The Basics
- hims minoxidil
- hims original shampoo